About Me

My photo
For me, crafting is more than just a hobby, it's my passion. I'm always exploring unique and clever ideas for crafts. Usually, I try to make things that are both practical and cost effective. Some of my items are made from recycled goods, and everything you see on my site is for sale. Please feel free to email me if you are interested in making a purchase, or have any questions.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

T-Shirt Rag Rugs

Below are some floor rugs I made from recycled t-shirt rags. First, I take the rags, cut them into long strips anywhere from 1/4 inch to 1 inch thick (depending on how thick you want the rug to turn out). The strips are then sewn together and rolled into a ball of rag yarn, and finally crocheted. Each rug measures about 31 inches long by 16 inches wide. As my own personal mark, I like to sew on a tag from one of the t-shirts, which were all made in the U.S.A. They can be purchased for $20.00 each...

This purple rug features a Mickey Mouse tag.

This turquoise rug is a bit larger at 35x19, same price.

This is probably one of my favorites.

These rugs make very good bathroom rugs, they are absorbent and very stretchy. They would also be good for camping trips, for use inside or outside a tent or an RV. When it's time to wash them, the colors shouldn't run together since the shirts have already been used, but I would recommend washing in cold water just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment